Circle City Derby Girls Seek Head Coach

The place for our fans to talk

Circle City Derby Girls Seek Head Coach

Postby Vivi Section on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Greetings! The Circle City Derby Girls are seeking applicants for the position of Head Coach with our league. Please read the job description below, and send a letter of interest and list of qualifications to circlecityderbygirls@gmail.com. We are looking for someone to step into this role as soon as possible, and begin helping us prepare for our 2014 season. Thanks for your interest!

The Head Coach (HC) is the head coach for the entire league and is responsible for directing the skill development of the Circle City Derby Girls (CCDG or “the league”). This includes, but is not limited to: practice content, strategy, roster selection and coaching/bench managing. It is preferred that this position is held by someone other than a skater who is vying for roster positions in the league, but is not required. This position is appointed by the Board of Directors (BoD) for a period of one year. The league will ratify the nomination by a majority vote. The term will be from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31st of the following year with the ratifying vote to coincide with BoD elections. If the same person is appointed for a consecutive year, another ratifying vote will not be needed. The HC is required to follow all bylaws, policies, rulings and job descriptions set by the BoD. Failure to do so can result in removal by the BoD. The HC can also be removed by a vote of no confidence from the league at large (please see process for vote of no confidence). The HC will report directly to the BoD.

Primary duties and responsibilities of the HC:
Oversee skater and league skill development, including developing and implementing a long-term plan for the success of the league and short-term plan to prepare the competitive teams for individual opponents
Coach and/or bench manage the Charter Team
o May assign an Assistant Coach/Bench Manger
o May assign other dedicated coaches for the B-team (or any other teams)
o Will direct other coaches to ensure consistency

Recruit a coaching staff to assist in duties and assign duties to staff members as needed

Make the final determination in all roster and charter selections, with input from the coaching staff

Lead practices or assign someone to lead (must ensure all practices are covered)
Provide input on all practice content, whether leading a particular practice or not

Assign staff for new skater workshops and provide guidelines for instruction

Attend a minimum number of league practices set by the BoD
Develop a committee rubric that includes all staff members attending a certain number of practices
o Remove staff members who fail to meet the committee rubric

Hold elections for team captains for the season, develop captains as team leaders and remove captains who fail to perform well in their positions. Captains should:
o Be elected by a majority vote (two captains per team)
o Not be official coaching staff members, but should be used to assist the HC and coaching staff in any way deemed appropriate (i.e., lead practice or provide input on roster selection)

Provide input to Interleague Coordinator on suitable opponents and support as needed

Report on at least a monthly basis to the BoD and attend BoD meetings as needed
Accept feedback from the BoD
Provide input to the BoD on the practice schedule, new skater recruitment and team attendance policies
Other duties as assigned by the BoD

Vote of No Confidence Process
The Head Coach (HC) can be removed by a vote of no confidence from the league. Any league member may request this vote to the Board of Directors (BoD). The member must supply the BoD a written request that explains the reason they are calling for a no confidence vote along with the signatures of at least 10 league members who support a no confidence vote. The BoD will immediately notify the HC and allow the HC to respond. The BoD will then determine the validity of the request and decide if a vote of no confidence is warranted.

If a vote is determined, the BoD will arrange the vote as soon as possible. At least 60% of the league must participate in the vote. Of that, at least 75% must vote that they have no confidence in the current HC. If the vote passes, the BoD will remove the Head Coach and appoint a new one to be ratified by the league.
PR Committee (Facebook guru)
--
"Are you thirsty? I just made you some butt punch." -Junior
--
"I don't care if you're dead, just skate." -Jackie Bauer
--
"I can feel you all over me." -Kneads Therapy
Vivi Section

Re: Circle City Derby Girls Seek Head Coach

Postby Vivi Section on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:31 pm

This position has been filled, but please feel free to email circlecityderbygirls@gmail.com if you are interested in coaching or other opportunities with the league.
PR Committee (Facebook guru)
--
"Are you thirsty? I just made you some butt punch." -Junior
--
"I don't care if you're dead, just skate." -Jackie Bauer
--
"I can feel you all over me." -Kneads Therapy
Vivi Section

Return to Fan Area