Jam City Rollergirls Wii Game!!!

The place for our fans to talk

Re: Jam City Rollergirls Wii Game!!!

Postby Kimmie S'More on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Hawt Rod to Chuck: "We had a few good jams in the back." THAT'S WHAT HE SAID!
Kimmie S'More

Postby Cruel Whip on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:04 pm

i heard on derby radio that this was delayed again at the request of WFTDA. although the delay isn't expected to be long, i don't see a new release date.

"Jam City is in final testing phase at Nintendo. The product was resubmitted due to some last minute changes at WFTDA's request. The delay shouldn't be long. Stay tuned and have your Wii point cards ready!"
"Lead, follow or get out of the way."

SERIOUSLY!
Cruel Whip

Postby Kimmie S'More on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

We wanted to ensure you got the word that the release date of Jam City Rollergirls has been pushed back to late January/early February to incorporate several small but important changes that ensure the game's fidelity to our sport and organization. Please update your plans with this change. We will update you when we have an official final release date.

Thanks,

Kali Schumitz aka Lois Slain
WFTDA Public Relations Manager
Hawt Rod to Chuck: "We had a few good jams in the back." THAT'S WHAT HE SAID!
Kimmie S'More

Postby Damage Control on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:52 pm

That was pretty late in the game to push it back. But OK.

**dislike**
I never finish anyth

Dex - "Can I grapple the Tarrasque?"
Roll-R - "Who would think a sport where we put wheels on our feet and crash into each other would be so dangerous? "
Damage Control
Site Admin

Postby Cruel Whip on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:22 am

wftda:
Jam City Rollergirls new relase date: Jan. 24
"Lead, follow or get out of the way."

SERIOUSLY!
Cruel Whip

Postby Mistress Azrael on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Ok, so this is going to sound really dumb...

Ant and I got this game the other night. Other than it being wildly unrealistic, it was fun. But more than that, a MAJOR strategy that won many a point was using your lead jammer status wisely by calling it off right after you got out of the front of the pack (assuming the defending jammer hasn't gotten to the pack yet). Basically, just knowing where the other jammer was and calling it off at opportune times was what got all the points.

This brings me to the dumb part. I was jamming today and was being told to call it off as I got to the back of the pack (the other jammer was half a track behind), but what came to my mind was some of the strategies I used in that game. I saw a path through the pack and took it, calling it once I got through...earning those coveted 4 points. :D

I have been jamming since sometime in June or July, having a bit of difficulty understanding just how much strategy there is in having lead jammer status or when to call it off. I now have a MUCH better understanding of that. Who would've thought? ;)
"Flushing the toilet; that's the first step to world domination." ~ Oh Grr
"It sounds like toaster strudels outside."
Mistress Azrael

Jam City Rollergirls Wii Game!!!

Postby Bambi Lance on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:02 am

I got it and haven't even played it yet. Brennan can play him some derby though.
"I read a book" - Beattie
Bambi Lance

Postby lady miss bier on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:22 am

Azzy - that is pretty awesome, actually! You rocked that jam, and it was obvious that you knew exactly what your goal was, and knew exactly where that other jammer was. nice!
"Murderface Monroe is now just Murderface" - complete e-mail from Vette City interleague rep
lady miss bier

Postby Fly on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Mistress Azrael wrote:Ok, so this is going to sound really dumb...

Ant and I got this game the other night. Other than it being wildly unrealistic, it was fun. But more than that, a MAJOR strategy that won many a point was using your lead jammer status wisely by calling it off right after you got out of the front of the pack (assuming the defending jammer hasn't gotten to the pack yet). Basically, just knowing where the other jammer was and calling it off at opportune times was what got all the points.

This brings me to the dumb part. I was jamming today and was being told to call it off as I got to the back of the pack (the other jammer was half a track behind), but what came to my mind was some of the strategies I used in that game. I saw a path through the pack and took it, calling it once I got through...earning those coveted 4 points. :D

I have been jamming since sometime in June or July, having a bit of difficulty understanding just how much strategy there is in having lead jammer status or when to call it off. I now have a MUCH better understanding of that. Who would've thought? ;)

It takes a while to be able to keep track of everything while jamming and to be able to always know where the other jammer is at all times. So cool that the game is helping you with becoming a better jammer. AWESOME!

I have to get this game!
Cody~ We are about to run out of gas mom.
Me~ Do you have strong legs?
Cody~ No.
Me~ Then how are you gonna push the car?
Cody~ I'm gonna be steering, you push.
Fly

Previous

Return to Fan Area