Introduce Yourself!

The place for our fans to talk

Introduce Yourself!

Postby Screama Donna on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:53 am

Hello!

As the Circle City Socialites prep for our inaugural season, I thought it would be fun to have an introduction thread for fans, skaters, helpers... everyone, really. :mrgreen: So post up here and tell us a little bit about yourself!

I'm Screama Donna - I play blocker and sometimes pivot. I've got a loud mouth, so you can usually hear me coming a mile away. ;) I'm a big fan of strong coffee, documentaries and my two tuxedo kittens... and I'm SO excited for our interleague debut vs. Demolition City's 'B' Team in Evansville on March 7th!

Now it's your turn. :) Go for it!
"Boob sweat is the worst." - Kimmie S'more
Screama Donna

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby Voodoo Blue on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Hey all, I'm Voodoo Blue. I'm one of the oldest, slowest members of the team, but also one of the most enthusiastic! So, if you don't see me on the track, you'll hear me from the sidelines. :lol: I love good beer, punk/psychobilly/hard rock, all things roller derby, and my menagerie of pets. I hate rude/stupid/cruel people, pad stink, and slow drivers. I can't wait to trek on down to Evansville and support my Socialite sisters during the first away bout of our inaugural derby season. See you there! :mrgreen:
"It's like love in a tube." Owen Meanie
Voodoo Blue

Postby lady miss bier on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:24 pm

vohpenonomae wrote:I'm Jeff Burke; but my Cheyenne-speaking friends call me Vohpenonoma?e, (v=w, ignore the ?, leave off the final e and you can pronounce it reasonably well). I've been an avid derby fan since 05, and attended the Coming Out Brawl, which was awesome. Still hoping for a Black-Green rematch. I'm a sound engineer in Indy, and a writer. Robin SockEm's beads from the Brawl grace a wall in my office; they landed at my feet, as if guided by the Deities of Derby. I'm hoping to make all the home bouts of the 09 season. Look for me in the crowd--a big rotund dude, usually in green, with Einstein-like hair.

No worries! The Black vs Green rematch will take place @ Ellenberger park in September. :mrgreen:
"Murderface Monroe is now just Murderface" - complete e-mail from Vette City interleague rep
lady miss bier

Postby RoxiRazorblade on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:44 pm

I'm Roxi Razorblade. I love to knock the soul outta bitches...or my own friends. either way =) Currently, I have a little man living inside my uterus so he's doing all the kicking and I'm on the sidelines till the end of the season. But I'm still around and will be bench managing all the lovely Socialites this season. Lately, my life is consumed by baby stuff and derby. Its a good mix.
ROXI RAZORBLADE #38D
"Freedom lies in being bold"-Robert Frost
RoxiRazorblade

Postby beverly eerie on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:52 pm

I'm Beverly Eerie--my life is roller derby, cats, and books. Love horror movies and TV shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy. My husband is our announcer, Mr. Macabre.
"All a jammer ref has to do is count points and call off the jam. He could do neither." Brad Religion
beverly eerie

Postby Beattie Sedgwick on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm Beattie Sedgwick.

I'm a jammer and a blocker.
I like adventures, music, and my fierce feline.
Somehow I end up in fights that I didn't start.
I work two jobs: Auto claims, and I bartend.
Green was my favorite color before I became a socialite.
"I squeezed my cheeks every time I hit the cowbell...sometimes 100 times in a row, for a long solo." - LMB
Beattie Sedgwick

Postby Splatty Hearst on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm Splatty Hearst. I like spicy food, word puzzles and weird little movies (the quirkier and more obscure, the better). I'm an art director by day, and I sometimes sing (and play kazoo, tambourine and cowbell - yes, cowbell) in a little bluegrass band with my co-workers.
"That girl hit me so hard with her butt, I peed a little." - Jackie Bauer
Splatty Hearst

Postby Robin Sock'Em on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:30 pm

I'm Robin Sock'Em - I started skating this past August and the Coming Out Brawl was my first bout. I'm small, quick, and can't wait to jam and otherwise kick ass this season! I like stupid movies, spicy veggies, snoring pitbulls, making lists, hitting derby sisters, being outdoors, and our new president. I dislike girly drama, daylight savings, fake tans, and being beaten - at anything.
Nana korobi ya oki (Japanese Proverb "Fall seven times, stand up eight")
Robin Sock'Em

Postby Dexter on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:38 pm

Roller Dex. I've been skating since early 2006 and got involved with Roller Derby as a referee for the Naptown Rollergirls. Currently I am involved with the coaching committee for Circle City Socialites. We're also recruiting male skaters for a co-ed team and we (the guys) train with the girls as well. I never thought I'd call getting beat up by a bunch of girls a "good time" but it most definitely is! ;)
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. -Theodore Roosevelt
Dexter

Postby Ivanna Maim'ya on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:39 am

I'm Ivanna Maimya and I am permitted stay in a house owned by Jazzy (the Tonkinese champagne mink cat), Samauri (the Akita), and Patches (the cat from Hell by way of the Humane Society). I live for the day I will own a white Shelby Cobra GT-500 with blue stripes and Colts license plate but keep Sally the Mustang until then. I collect WVU memorabilia and Pearl S. Buck books. I'm a bit nerdy but I like knocking other derby women out of the way and have the God-given derierre to do just that.
Or as I once said, "I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!" -Mr. Macabre
Ivanna Maim'ya

Next

Return to Fan Area